CATCH Social Media Overview
Join the growing CATCH community on social media to Show & Tell what’s working at your campus! You can participate as an individual, department, school, or district.
Use social media to:
• Show what’s happening at your campus with a picture or video.
• Tell your community what’s working and where you have needs.
• Learn from other CATCH sites and professionals around the world.
One way we organize CATCH conversations on social media is through official CATCH hashtags. These are used throughout the Coordination Kit, including customized prompts that tie in with each CATCH team member’s theme checklists.
Official CATCH Hashtags
|Check out our Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts resource for specific ideas that tie into each theme!|
Use the official CATCH hashtags whenever you want to Show & Tell about CATCH, or browse them for ideas, support, and inspiration.
A few best practices to follow:
- Follow and/or Like the official CATCH social media accounts (see above).
- Use the official hashtags listed above and tag CATCH in your pictures or videos.
- Use the social media prompts in the Coordination Kit or copy/tweak the “social media example” provided each theme.
- Use the same CATCH messages that kids receive at school so that they can hear them at home.
- Posts with pictures or videos tend to get more attention. Show AND Tell! Your pictures don’t have to be museum worthy or complex, either!
- Adhere to your school/district media policies. Avoid identifying kids in posts unless their parent/guardian is present and consents.
Some tips for getting started...
- Regularly take pictures/videos of CATCH in action at your campus—whenever you want to post, you’ll have a library of content to work from.
- Not interested in using your personal account? Create a new profile for work or collaborate with your team to make departmental accounts. Tell other teachers, parents, and community partners about any new professional accounts.
Click the "Download PDF" button below to download this resource.