Theme IV: Child Nutrition (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Kids model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Copy and distribute the I Like to Cook It, Cook It! activity frame template (English/Spanish) to each classroom teacher. Create a CATCH MVP bulletin board or post them in the cafeteria when students return them to you.Some ideas…
- Coordinate this idea with the art teacher; have a contest to see which class or grade level returns the most drawings.
- Post a picture of the completed bulletin boards on social media. Use #CATCHMVP.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Host a special theme or contest to promote healthy GO foods on your menu (e.g., Tasty Tuesdays, Secret GO Food Day, etc.).Some ideas...
- Check out the Promotion section of the Eat Smart Guide for ideas.
- Visit www.CATCH.org for more ideas and pictures of what other schools have done.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Send home the CATCH A Healthy Snack summer recipes.
- Pick (at least) one idea/option for a healthy snack for kids and/or families to try during the summer and share on social media. Use #GOsummer.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.