Theme II: Child Nutrition
|Social Media Sample|
Students model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Choose to be a healthy role model. Post the CATCH CATCH My Healthy Living Commitment sign to share how you model healthy habits.Make a point to demonstrate healthy habits in front of students. Let students “CATCH” you…
- Drinking water instead of sweetened beverages; eating fruits and vegetables at lunch.
- Post (at least) one picture or video on social media of a nutrition services CATCH MVP engaged in a healthy activity. Use #CATCHMVP.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Decorate your cafeteria with examples of healthy foods and behaviors.Some ideas:
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Monitor portion distortion. Food portion sizes have increased significantly over the last 20 years. Be “super wise” before you “super size.”
- Take the Portion Distortion Quiz
- Read food labels for portion size.
- Split meals at restaurants or plan to take half of the meal home.