Theme III: Child Nutrition
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10-15 tries of a new food before people accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
*DKY = Did You Know
★ ONE STAR TASK
Communicate CATCH.Some ideas...
- Post the CATCH MVP Eat Smart (English/Spanish) & Be Active (English/Spanish) posters near the serving line.
- Ask the principal if you can share the daily GO menu items during the morning announcements.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Emphasize the importance of eating more fruits and vegetables.Some ideas...
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Promote your cafeteria.
- Highlight GO, SLOW, and WHOA foods on your serving line.
- Ask the Art teacher to have students create artwork for GO and SLOW items on your menu.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.