Theme IV: Child Nutrition
|Social Media Sample|
We’re CATCHing students being healthy at school! How do you encourage healthy habits at home? Let’s work together! #CATCHhometeam
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Reinforce CATCH. “CATCH” students being healthy!
- Distribute copies of the Caught You Being Healthy cards (English/Spanish) to staff to “CATCH” students making healthy eating and physical activity choices.
- Ask cafeteria monitors to distribute the copies of the Caught You Being Healthy cards (English/Spanish) to students who they CATCH making healthy food choices.
- Post (at least) one picture or video of a Home Team member engaged in a healthy behavior. Use #CATCHhometeam.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Coordinate with the CATCH Team to support a CATCH Family Night.
- Provide healthy snacks for the event.
- Demonstrate how to prepare a healthy, easy meal.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Copy and distribute the Family Meals Matter flyer.
- Discuss as a Team who can copy and distribute flyers each year
- Work with your Art Teacher to make this flyer an assignment.
- Post the flyers in the cafeteria when students return them to you
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Start your day off right! Breakfast can provide you with the energy you need to be active and successful each day. Try to eat a healthy breakfast every day.
- Toasted oats cereal with no added sugar. Add skim milk and bananas.
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter or low-fat cheese with fruit.
- Oatmeal with fruit and nuts (e.g., blueberries or dried cranberries or raisins and pecans) and skim milk.
- Yogurt with granola and fruit.