Theme II: Classroom Teachers (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10- 15 tries of a new food before kids accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can email a digital copy of the posters to parents.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Display CATCH student work in your classroom and hallways.Perhaps you can...
- Donate student work to the CATCH Bulletin Board.
- Facilitate a Healthiest Hallway sign contest.
- Send home CATCH work in student take-home folders
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Institute one or two classroom policies that target healthy change.Some ideas…
- Provide two to three short physical activity breaks throughout the course of the school day. Ask your PE Teacher for some activity ideas.
- Use instructional incentives such as homework passes for rewards, instead of food or candy.
- Eliminate withholding recess as a consequence for inappropriate behavior.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.