Theme I: Parent Leaders (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Did you know we’re a @CATCHhealth campus? Look for nutrition & fitness messages here, at school, and coming home w/your kids! #CATCHKickOff
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Send home the CATCH MVP Newsletter during the CATCH Kick-Off Week.
- Post the CATCH MVP Newsletter, or a link to the newsletter, on social media. Use #CATCHKickOff.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Choose to be a healthy role model. Post the CATCH My Healthy Living Commitment sign to share how you model healthy habits.Make a point to demonstrate healthy habits in front of students. Let students “CATCH” you...
- Drinking water instead of sweetened beverages; eating fruits & veggies at lunch.
- Take (at least) one picture or video of a parent CATCH MVP engaged in a healthy activity and post it to social media with #CATCHMVP.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Include CATCH as an agenda item at your first PTA, PTO or parent meeting.Some ideas...
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Monitor portion distortion. Food portion sizes have increased significantly over the last 20 years. Be “super wise” before you “super size.”
- Take the Portion Distortion Quiz
- Read food labels for portion size.
- Split meals at restaurants or plan to take half of the meal home.