Theme IV: Parent Leaders (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Kids model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Coordinate with the Physical Education Teacher and Cafeteria Manager to assist them with their projects.You can…
- Collect completed I Like to Move It, Move It! (English/Spanish) and I Like to Cook It, Cook It! (English/Spanish) activity frame templates and post on a bulletin board.
- Post a picture of the completed bulletin boards on social media. Use #CATCHMVP.
- Check with Classroom Teachers and/or the Art Teacher and facilitate distributing copies of the activity frames to students.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Showcase Community CATCH MVPs. Invite them to speak and present them with a CATCH MVP Award Certificate.Among those to consider as MVPs...
- The CATCH Champion or Cafeteria Manager.
- A parent with a gardening green thumb or who is an avid walker/runner.
- Recreation leaders from local recreation centers.
- A cook or chef at a nearby restaurant.
- A health care professional.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Identify summer recreational opportunities in the community and announce before the end of school.Some ideas...
- Post information on the CATCH Bulletin Board or at a parent meeting.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.