Theme III: Parent Leaders
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10-15 tries of a new food before people accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
*DKY = Did You Know
★ ONE STAR TASK
- Copies can be downloaded and easily distributed via email to staff and parents.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
- Ask the school website manager to post the posters on the school website.
- Work with a community partner to fund copies of the poster to send home to families.
- Ask the PTA to include information about the posters as part of their regular parent correspondence.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Chunk the junk food! Do your school’s policies reinforce healthy lifestyles? If not, work to change them. Review policies on meetings, incentives, fundraising and concessions and make sure they comply with district and state policies.You can find healthy fundraising resources…
- At www.pta.org, search healthy fundraising.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.