Theme II: Physical Education (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10- 15 tries of a new food before kids accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can email a digital copy of the posters to parents.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Try to play some new games from the GO, SLOW, & WHOA Eat Smart Games section of the 3rd-5th Grade Activity Box.You can also...
- Integrate GO, SLOW, and WHOA language into existing games. For example, have students call out GO foods while performing repetitions of a re-entry task.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
- Share with teachers how the activities connect to core instructional objectives and emphasize the link between physical activity and academic performance.
- Provide suggestions on how teachers can carve out time for these activities, e.g., transitions between subjects, a few minutes before lunch, etc.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.