Theme IV: Physical Education (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Kids model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Create a CATCH MVP Bulletin Board. Distribute the I Like to Move It, Move It! activity frame template (English/Spanish) to your students. Ask them to bring photos of themselves being physically active to school..Some ideas…
- Put your photo in the middle of the bulletin board!
- Include photos of other teachers and staff.
- Post a picture of the completed bulletin board on social media. Use #CATCHMVP.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Recognize and celebrate CATCH MVPs in your school and community.Some ideas...
- Invite a Community CATCH MVP to speak to a class.
- Invite activity specialists to demonstrate and share their skills with students.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Distribute the CATCH Summertime MVP Calendar
- Post (at least) one local idea/option for kids and/or families to engage in healthy summer activities. Use #GOsummer.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.