Theme II: Principals & Administration (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10- 15 tries of a new food before kids accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can email a digital copy of the posters to parents.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Encourage teachers to display CATCH student work in hallways, classrooms, and cafeteria.Some ideas...
- Sponsor a grade level Healthiest Hallway contest.
- Ask teachers to donate student work to decorate the cafeteria.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Institute one or two school-wide policies designed to promote healthy change.Some ideas…
- Healthy Meeting Policy – When planning food for school meetings (faculty meetings, PTA/PTO, Campus Advisory Council, etc.), only healthy snacks and foods should be served.
- Recess Policy – Students will not be denied recess or pulled from physical education class as a consequence for disruptive behavior or unfinished work.
- Mission Nutrition Policy – Encourage parents to send only healthy snacks to school – in lunches and for class parties and celebrations.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.