Theme III: Principals & Administration
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10-15 tries of a new food before people accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
*DKY = Did You Know
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can distribute an electronic version of the posters to parents via email.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Encourage teachers to display CATCH student work in hallways, classrooms, and cafeteria.Some ideas...
- Sponsor a grade level Healthiest Hallway/Door decorating contest, and/or ask teachers to donate student work to decorate the cafeteria.
- Initiate CATCH related Announcements (see CATCHy Ideas Kit).
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Institute one or two school-wide policies designed to promote healthy change.Some ideas...
- Healthy Meeting Policy–When planning food for school meetings (faculty meetings, PTA/PTO, Campus Advisory Council, etc.), only healthy snacks and foods should be served.
- PE Policy–Students will not be pulled from PE class as a consequence or for tutoring.
- Mission Nutrition Policy–Encourage parents to send only healthy snacks to school–in lunches and for class parties and celebrations.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer, activity tracker, and/or walk with students.