Theme IV: Principals & Administration
|Social Media Sample|
We’re CATCHing students being healthy at school! How do you encourage healthy habits at home? Let’s work together! #CATCHhometeam
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Reinforce CATCH. “CATCH” students being healthy!Some ideas…
- Distribute copies of the Caught You Being Healthy cards (English/Spanish) to students you “CATCH” making healthy eating and physical activity choices.
- Send cards (English/Spanish) home via email or in the mail; announce recipients on morning announcements.
- Post (at least) one picture or video of a Home Team member (parent or guardian) engaged in a healthy behavior. Use #CATCHhometeam.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Support the CATCH Family Event and encourage all faculty and staff to attend.Some ideas...
- Encourage the CATCH Team to use ideas and resources from the CATCH Family Fun Event Guide.
- Promote the event to parents and students (e.g., announcements, flyers, etc.).
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Host a school-wide, grade level CATCH signage contest. Invite parents to be the judges and organize incentives.Keep in mind...
- Ideas are provided in the CATCHy Ideas Kit.
- Signage could be displayed in hallways and/or the cafeteria.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Start your day off right! Breakfast can provide you with the energy you need to be active and successful each day. Try to eat a healthy breakfast every day.
- Toasted oats cereal with no added sugar. Add skim milk and bananas.
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter or low-fat cheese with fruit.
- Oatmeal with fruit and nuts (e.g., blueberries or dried cranberries or raisins and pecans) and skim milk.
- Yogurt with granola and fruit.