Theme V: Principals & Administration
|Social Media Sample|
Healthy habits are CATCHing on here! Students in CATCH schools spend more time being active in PE & eat more GO foods! #CATCHworks
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Support CATCH. Recognize CATCH MVPs. Thank the CATCH Champion, the CATCH Team, the cafeteria staff and others for their efforts.Some ideas…
- Present CATCH Team members with a Certificate of Appreciation at a faculty meeting, acknowledge the Team in the school newsletter and/or on social media with #CATCHworks.
- Write each member of the Team a letter for his or her personnel file.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Assess your Coordinated School Health efforts for this year. Use the Principal Checklist.Keep in mind...
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Review the Campus Improvement Plan. Identify two to three areas in which health and wellness policy can be included or expanded.Think about…
- Using the Centers for Disease Control School Health Index as a resource for school health assessment. Hard copy and online versions are available at http://www.cdc.gov, search School Health Index.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.