Theme II: Specialized and Support Staff
|Social Media Sample|
Students model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Choose to be a healthy role model. Post the CATCH CATCH My Healthy Living Commitment sign to share how you model healthy habits.Make a point to demonstrate healthy habits in front of students. Let students “CATCH” you…
- Drinking water instead of sweetened beverages; eating fruits and vegetables at lunch.
- Post (at least) one picture or video of a CATCH MVP engaged in a healthy activity on social media. Use #CATCHMVP.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Introduce CATCH. Integrate one health concept from the CATCHy Ideas Kit during this six-week period.Keep in mind...
- The CATCHy Ideas Kit has activities and information you can use with the students you serve.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Ask how you can assist the CATCH Champion, PE Teacher, Cafeteria Manager or a Classroom Teacher with their CATCH implementation efforts.You can...
- Join the CATCH Team.
- Offer to help with a classroom CATCH lesson.
- Offer to help with the CATCH bulletin board.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Monitor portion distortion. Food portion sizes have increased significantly over the last 20 years. Be “super wise” before you “super size.”
- Take the Portion Distortion Quiz.
- Read food labels for portion size.
- Split meals at restaurants or plan to take half of the meal home.