Theme III: Specialized and Support Staff
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10-15 tries of a new food before people accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
*DYK = Did You Know
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can distribute the electronic versions of the posters above to parents via email.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Talk the talk. Talk with students about the importance of practicing healthy habits.Some ideas...
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Integrate one health concept during this six-week period.You can...
- Refer to the CATCHy Ideas Kit for projects specific to your area of expertise.
- Coordinate your project with another special area or a classroom teacher.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.