Theme V: Child Nutrition (6wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Healthy habits are CATCHing on here! Kids in CATCH schools spend more time being active in PE & eat more GO foods! #CATCHworks
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Copy and distribute the I Like to Cook It, Cook It! template (English/Spanish) to each classroom teacher. Create a CATCH MVP bulletin board or post them in the cafeteria when students return them to you.Some ideas…
- Coordinate this idea with the art teacher; have a contest to see which class or grade level returns the most drawings.
- Post a picture of the completed bulletin boards on social media. Use #CATCHworks.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Host a special theme or contest to promote healthy GO foods on your menu (e.g., Tasty Tuesdays, Secret GO Food Day, etc.).Some ideas...
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Share your MVP expertise! Lend your support and participate in a scheduled school event (PTA meeting, classroom party, etc.).Perhaps you could...
- Provide healthy snacks or demonstrate your favorite healthy recipe.
- Set up an information booth about your program.
- See the Eat Smart Guide for additional ideas.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.