Theme II: Physical Education (6wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Kids model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Choose to be a healthy role model. Post the CATCH My Healthy Living Commitment sign to share how you model healthy habits.Make a point to demonstrate healthy habits in front of students. Let students “CATCH” you…
- Drinking water instead of sweetened beverages; eating fruits & veggies at lunch.
- Post (at least) one picture or video on social media of a faculty CATCH MVP engaged in a healthy activity. Use #CATCHMVP.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Read, sign and distribute copies of the Why CATCH PE flyer. Make copies for every teacher and the principal.Keep in mind...
- You can email a digital version or print for distribution.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Choose two or three classes to assess if students are participating in moderate-to-vigorous activity 50 percent of the PE period.Some ideas...
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Monitor portion distortion. Food portion sizes have increased significantly over the last 20 years. Be “super wise” before you “super size.”
- Take the Portion Distortion Quiz
- Read food labels for portion size.
- Split meals at restaurants or plan to take half of the meal home.