Theme IV: Physical Education (6wk)
|Social Media Sample|
We’re CATCHing kids being healthy at school! How do you encourage healthy habits at home? Let’s work together! #CATCHhometeam
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Teach students GO activities they can do at home with household items. Use the CATCH Cardio Kids Home Activity Journal in the 3rd-5th Grade Activity Box.Some ideas...
- The journal is complete with instructions and reward certificates.
- Striking Skills – fly swatter and balloon.
- Throwing Skills – rolled up socks and pots.
- Manipulative Skills – paper or tennis ball.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Coordinate with the CATCH Team to support a CATCH Family Fun Event.Could you...
- Provide space and equipment for games and activities for attendees to play.
- Demonstrate some of your students’ favorite CATCH games.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Start your day off right! Breakfast can provide you with the energy you need to be active and successful each day. Try to eat a healthy breakfast every day.
- Toasted oats cereal with no added sugar. Add skim milk and bananas.
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter or low-fat cheese with fruit.
- Oatmeal with fruit and nuts (e.g., blueberries or dried cranberries or raisins and pecans) and skim milk.
- Yogurt with granola and fruit.