Theme V: Specialized and Support Staff (6wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Healthy habits are CATCHing on here! Kids in CATCH schools spend more time being active in PE & eat more GO foods! #CATCHworks
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Strut your healthy stuff! Coordinate with the PE Teacher and the Cafeteria Manager about how you can contribute to their CATCH projects.You can…
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Recognize the campus health MVPs. Thank the CATCH Champion, the CATCH Team and the Cafeteria and other staff for their efforts.Some ideas...
- Celebrate Child Nutrition Services Employee Appreciation Week (the first week in May). http://www.schoolnutrition.org/ResourceCenter.aspx (click on Staff Appreciation and Events).
- Present Team members with an appreciation certificate at a faculty meeting; acknowledge the Team in the school newsletter.
- Write thank you letters to school staff who serve on the CATCH Team.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Share your MVP expertise!Some ideas...
- Share a story about who is your CATCH MVP role model.
- Offer to help display healthy messages and prepare and offer healthy snacks at regularly scheduled school events (field day, PTA assemblies, faculty meetings, etc.).
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.