Over, Under, Around, and Through - #11
|Over, Under, Around, and Through|
|Section:||WARM-UP & COOL-DOWN|
|Equipment:||short ropes, scarves, pieces of cloth|
|Skill(s):||cardiovascular efficiency, quickness, agility|
- Children are scattered throughout the gym in groups of three.
- Each group has two members of the group "holding hands" with pieces of rope or cloth. The third member of the group is standing to one side facing their partners.
- The game begins when the teacher calls out a sequence of movements based on the commands Over/Under/Around and Through.
- Only those four commands are used in the game but they may be used in any sequence and number. For instance, a command may be: "Over, under, over around".
- The "runner" in each group tries to complete the sequence as quickly as possible on the "go" command. S/he would be required to go over the joined hands, under the hands, over the hands, and then completely around both partners.
- After giving the movement sequence, pause and allow enough time for the team to rehearse the pattern.
- Change runners each time.
- Do not give more than 6 to 7 commands, depending upon the age of the students.
Now Try This:
- Have each group of three pick another group they want to challenge.
- Invite a winning group to pick the next movement sequence.