Dragon's Tail - #18-19
|Dragon's Tail - #18-19|
|Equipment:||1 scarf, bandana, or fabric strip per student, 4 cones|
|Skills Emphasized:||Running, dodging|
- Students are scattered in a designated activity area, each with a scarf.
- Students become a “dragon” by tucking a small portion of their tail (scarf) into their waistband. Shirt tails should also be tucked in.
- On signal, dragons skip throughout the activity area attempting to pull the tails of other dragons.
- Dragons are not allowed to:
- Hold on to their own tail.
- Fall down, dive or sit on their tail.
- Contact others while pulling tails or preventing their own from being pulled.
- Pull tail if their tail is missing.
- For safety, continue playing at a slow speed until students are able to move without colliding.
- “Move with body control. Look where you are moving.”
- Chase using a variety of locomotor movements.
- Change the re-entry task for dragons who have lost their tail (e.g., jump rope, dribble a basketball, push-ups, sit-ups).