CATCH Colombia is an initiative to bring the evidence-based CATCH P.E. and SEL program to elementary schools in the Bogotá metro area during the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school years and beyond.
For 30+ years, CATCH programs have been proven to boost health outcomes for youth, promoting active lifestyles, healthy eating, tobacco avoidance, and Social & Emotional Learning.
Currently, in Colombia, CATCH is providing free training and curriculum resources to elementary schools with demonstrated health needs and a willingness to participate. To date, we have worked with 11 schools, training more than 60 teachers, with plans to expand to an additional 20 schools in Bogotá in 2022.
If you are a school in Colombia who would like to learn more about how you can receive the CATCH program at your school, please contact Gina Andrea Muñoz at [email protected].
If you are interested in learning more about how you can support this program, please contact us at [email protected].
- CATCH Global Foundation is the leading provider of evidence-based child health programs in the U.S., reaching 3 million youth annually in 15,000 schools.
- CATCH has been named the most cost-effective school health program and has also been found to prevent childhood obesity by up to 11% in some schools.
- Behavior changes resulting from CATCH programs have been shown to persist in children for years post-implementation.
- Studies show that CATCH P.E. leads to improved academic performance among youth and that physical activity improves mental health outcomes.
CATCH’s Proven Formula for Effective Health & Physical Education
Phase 1 Training Outcomes
Results from Participant Surveys
- 100% successfully completed the day-long CATCH P.E. training
- 100% found training to be effective and applicable to their work
- 100% understood the basic CATCH P.E. concepts
- 85% felt able to teach CATCH P.E. to others