December 21, 2016
CATCH Global Foundation will award up to two (2) Let’s Move! Active Schools District Grants to support the implementation of the CATCH Coordinated School Health model.
Awarded Districts will receive:
- One (1) day of school wellness coordination training (schools trained as a group)
- One (1) day of Physical Education training (schools trained as a group)
- One (1) technical assistance and consulting session per school during project
- One (1) CATCH Champion sustainability workshop
- Full set of CATCH PE & Nutrition Curriculum for applicable grades per school
- $250 PE equipment voucher per school
- $1,000 mini-grants per school for CATCH Champion Stipend & Family Wellness Event
- Project publicly supported by CATCH Global Foundation through traditional and social media
- Evaluation support, results analysis and written report
Districts eligible to apply will have:
- Schools must be part of a district with at least 14,000 K-8 students.
- Between 8-12 schools from the district must apply and implement the program as a group. Only one application per district needs to be submitted.
- Schools must be part of a district with at least 75% of students eligible for free-or-reduced price lunch.
- Districts and schools must show evidence of desire to implement the program through a letter of support signed by the superintendent of the district. Please attach the signed letter of support to your application.
- Optional: Districts can demonstrate commitment through signed letters of support from school principals.
- Once awarded, the selected district(s) will be required to submit Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) signed by the superintendent of the district as well as principals and CATCH Champions at each participating school.
- Schools must be enrolled in Let’s Move! Active Schools (letsmoveschools.org) and have completed the online assessment.
- Schools must have the desire to enhance their physical education and physical activity implementation and coordinated school health model with CATCH programming.
- If awarded, the participating schools must commit to providing CATCH with specific data measures at intervals throughout the project term. CATCH Global Foundation will work within district guidelines for collecting data and provide data collection tools.
Timeline for CATCH Global Foundation- Lets Move! Active Schools District Grant Award
- Applications opened by 12/15/16
- Applications due 1/31/17
- Award decisions made by 3/15/17
- Planning phase March-August 2017
- Implementation 2017-2018 school year
Directions for applying:
Download grant application form here. Please enter contact information and respond to the following 9 questions. Feel free to use additional pages if your response goes beyond the space provided (limit of 5 pages total). Submit your responses, along with a signed letter of support from the district superintendent as well as optional letters of support from school principals to [email protected] by 1/31/17. CATCH Global Foundation can provide you with a template letter of support. Please email [email protected] to request.