November 2, 2021 | By CATCH Global Foundation
Texas leads the way in the field of health and physical education thanks to its long-standing commitment to Coordinated School Health and a comprehensive set of supporting standards – the Texas Education & Knowledge Standards (TEKS) for Health and Physical Education.
CATCH is proud to be one of the only evidence-based, Texas Department of Education-approved Coordinated School Health programs available. With a 30+ year track record of success in the Lone Star State, CATCH has helped districts of all shapes and sizes not only meet TEA requirements, but change the lives of their students for the better.
What sets CATCH apart is our unique Coordination Kit resource and Whole Child Leadership training. These best-in-class offerings provide school wellness champions and teams with the skills, knowledge, confidence, and resources needed to build and sustain a culture of health at their campus.
The program’s success is based on a simple truth: when you change the environment, behavior will follow.
Schools implementing CATCH benefit from the following:
- A coordinated framework to help organize the wellness team’s efforts
- A common language for talking about & reinforcing healthy behaviors and mindsets
- Ready-made resources for implementing regular & coordinated campus-wide health promotion
- Embedded campus-wide anchor activities for Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
In addition to its one-of-a-kind Coordination Kit, CATCH includes a family of coordinated instructional resources to support the development of the Whole Child. All of the CATCH instructional resources are aligned to the new-for-2022 Texas Education and Knowledge Standards.
The TEKS-aligned CATCH family of programs includes:
- CATCH Nutrition Education
- CATCH Physical Education
- CATCH My Breath Youth Vaping Prevention
- CATCH Healthy Smiles Oral Health
- Ray and the Sunbeatables®: A Sun Safety Curriculum
- SEL Journeys (including lessons on mental health)
Note: Full alignment documentation for the entire family of CATCH programming coming soon.
Our team at CATCH likes to say that we help schools CATCH’ify* their existing curriculum and culture. We’re here to help you CATCH’ify your campus! Reach out to [email protected] with any questions or to get started with CATCH.