January 14, 2022 | By CATCH Global Foundation
- CATCH Curriculum Review for Proclamation 2022 (90-Day Free Trial)
- Health & P.E. TEKS / CSH Package (Info & Purchase)
- Video Overviews of Health & PE Programs
- TEKS Alignments
- CATCH.org Platform Demo video
- Email Us to Schedule a Consultation or Presentation
- Proclamation 2022 and Coordinated School Health
CATCH’s Roots and History in Texas
Texas leads the way in the field of health and physical education thanks to its long-standing commitment to Coordinated School Health and a comprehensive set of supporting standards – the Texas Education & Knowledge Skills (TEKS) for Health and Physical Education.
CATCH is proud to be a Texas Education Agency-approved Coordinated School Health program, and the only one that also meets health & physical education K-8 TEKS, making CATCH the only one-stop-shop for K-8 schools. With a 30+ year track record of success in the Lone Star State – and as a Texas-based organization – CATCH has helped districts of all shapes and sizes not only meet TEA requirements, but change the lives of their students for the better. More than 50% of schools across Texas use one or more CATCH programs.
What sets us apart is our unique Coordination Kit resource and Whole Child Leadership training. These best-in-class offerings provide school wellness champions and teams with the skills, knowledge, confidence, and resources needed to build and sustain a culture of health at their campus.
In addition to our one-of-a-kind Coordination Kit, CATCH includes a family of coordinated instructional resources to support the development of the Whole Child. Take a look at our Curriculum Map to see how the pieces fit together.
The program’s success is based on a simple truth: when you change the environment, behavior will follow.
Schools implementing CATCH benefit from the following:
- A coordinated framework to help organize the wellness team’s efforts
- A common language for talking about & reinforcing healthy behaviors and mindsets
- Ready-made resources for implementing regular & coordinated campus-wide health promotion
- Embedded campus-wide anchor activities for Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
In addition to its one-of-a-kind Coordination Kit, CATCH includes a family of coordinated instructional resources to support the development of the Whole Child.
- Focus on student empowerment and intrinsic decision making
- Consistent approach across programs (Knowledge + Skill + Environment)
- Common “language of CATCH” across programs
- SEL anchor activities and prompts
- Integration of physical activity and health lessons
- Family components & resources
Beyond “evidence informed,” CATCH is truly evidence-based, and has been proven in peer-reviewed studies to:
- Increase daily physical activity;
- Reduce daily energy intake from fat;
- Drive healthy behavior changes that persist 3 years post-implementation; and
- CATCH My Breath is the only evidence-based youth vaping prevention program
Health Education (TEKS)
CATCH Health Education
This short video provides an overview of CATCH’s evidence-based health education programs, covering 100% of the K-8 TEKS Health strands for Physical Health and Wellness, Healthy Eating and Physical Activity, Mental Health and Wellness, and Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs, and Violence & Injury Prevention and Safety (excludes Reproductive Health).
Physical Education (TEKS)
CATCH Physical Education in Texas Schools
This short video provides an overview of CATCH’s evidence-based physical education programs, covering the TEKS PE strands for Movement Patterns & Movement Skills, Performance Strategies, Health, Physical Activity, & Fitness, Social & Emotional Health and Lifetime Wellness.
CATCH is a Quality Physical Education program that is:
- Developmentally Appropriate, Inclusive, Varied, and Fun; and
- Emphasizes Physical Activity, Physical Fitness, and Motor-Skills Development.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) Alignments
All of the CATCH instructional resources are aligned to the new-for-2022 Texas Education and Knowledge Standards.
View the TEKS alignments for CATCH’s Health, PE, and SEL programs:
In addition to our fully TEKS-aligned Health, PE, and SEL programs, CATCH also offers TEKS-aligned stand-alone modules for vaping prevention (CATCH My Breath), oral health (CATCH Healthy Smiles), and sun-safety (Ray and the Sunbeatables®). The TEKS content areas addressed by these stand-alone modules are fully met in CATCH Health Journeys.
- View Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) Alignments | CATCH My Breath
- View Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) Alignments | CATCH Healthy Smiles
- View Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) Alignments | CATCH Healthy Smiles (PE Alignments)
CATCH.org Platform Demo
Proclamation 2022 and the Texas Coordinated School Health Mandate: Key Differences and Overlap
- What constitutes a Coordinated School Health program;
- What is included in the state CSH mandate and who is affected;
- Topic areas in both, Proclamation 2022 only, and the CSH mandate only;
- How Proclamation 2022 overlaps with the CSH mandate; and,
- How to ensure compliance with the state CSH mandate.
Health & P.E. TEKS / CSH Package
This package is built specifically to help Texas schools meet 100% of the updated 2022 Health and Physical Education TEKS for grades K-8 (excludes Reproductive Health) and comply with the Coordinated School Health (CSH) mandate.
All materials are accessed online via the CATCH.org platform and include 36-week scope and sequence, multiple options for assessment, and student-facing materials that can be shared to any standard LMS.
The Health & PE TEKS / CSH package includes:
- Comprehensive Health, PE, and SEL curriculum with customizations based on specific school needs, including PreK nutrition and PE (see Free Trial to review content)
- Live virtual orientation session (recording will also be provided to the district)
- CATCH Coordination Kit and 2 live virtual CSH trainings (1 person/campus)
- Single Sign On (SSO) integration with district systems or third-party clients (e.g. Clever, Google Classroom, ClassLink, etc.)
For custom orders, contact us at [email protected]